Friday 26 August 2011

Banff Springs Golf Course - Tunnel Nine - Banff, Alberta, Canada


Beautiful views....

... but these little buggers are everywhere!

Gnomee isn't much of a golfer - so he sat this one out!

Ryan and I decided to do a twilight nine while we were in Banff on our honeymoon.  We elected to golf the Tunnel Nine and were disappointed with how not challenging it was.  It is a VERY wide open course and while the views are nice, there are gophers everywhere and they have ruined sections of the course.  Honestly, the condition was ok at best and the course is something I could have played back home and NOT for $80 for NINE holes.

The service was not stellar by any stretch.  When we arrived, our credit cards were declining (and not because they were maxed out).  We were told the system sometimes does this.  I asked for decline receipts - there apparently were none.  It was more when we arrived back.  Neither my husband nor I heard what we were supposed to do with the key for the cart.  There were FOUR staff members hanging off other golf carts.  When I asked them if I should take the key in or leave it, which by the way I had to interrupt their evening planning to do so, one girl very snottily replied, "I guess you can just leave it," as she rolled her eyes and one of the guys said, "Don't know.  Don't care."  Nice image for the course I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment